- Getting the iPad to Pro – excellent review of the iPad usability issues by Craig Mod.
- Pollstar | Hotstar: Billy Strings Goes Beyond Bluegrass – more backstory than I’ve ever seen before on Billy.
- 5 Cheap(ish) Things to Make the Perfect Cup of Coffee – The New York Times – I switched to black coffee, looking for tips on making a better cup of coffee.
- Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay – Notes
- Welcome to Offi | Embrace Media Storage or Tables – cool coffee table
- A Year in Health and Fitness: 2019 – More quantified self stuff, around fitness. This guy has done a great job of using python to report on this data.
- Portal app mixes sights, sounds & Hue lighting to relax you – 9to5Mac – “The app is a simple one: it displays slow-moving video clips of nature scenes on the iPhone or iPad screen while playing real-life sounds from the same location through any AirPlay speakers.”
- World Cafe Nashville: Dan Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound Studios : World Cafe : NPR – been doing a deep dive on Auerback’s recordings/studio. My heart loves the sound by my head knows it’s just the audio equivalent of an instagram filter trying to make digital feel like analog.
- The Black Keys – EMusician – see above
- Studio spotlight: Easy Eye Sound | Watch Listen Show | telluridenews.com – see above.
Other stuff? My dog ate my Kindle. I had the base model and upgraded to the fancier Paperwhite. Since I use the JUMBO FONT to read without my glasses on, that extra 300dpi really looks nice! Highly recommend paying the extra $30.
Also, been doing a lot of work building out my HiFi setup with an Intel NUC running Roon/Qobuz and loving it. Will do a writeup next week when I’m not so busy.