So today is an Action Day because the Air Quality Index has reached an unhealthy level. Specifically, Ozone appears to be very high.
I am confused about the following:
- on Action Days people are advised to limit their out of doors activities.
- However, on Action Days, people are also advised to :
- Conserve electricity and set your air conditioner at a higher temperature.
- Choose a cleaner commute—share a ride to work or use public transportation. Bicycle or walk to errands when possible.
- Refuel cars and trucks after dusk.
- Combine errands and reduce trips.
- Limit engine idling.
It seems contradictory to advise limiting outdoor activity and to suggest bicycling/walking in the same set of guidelines, no? Since I bicycled to work today, does this mean I should just ride home very slowly?